information theory, theoretical statistics, networked information processing
Internet of Things, social networks, data privacy, machine learning
I am actively recruiting student researchers and research assistants at all levels in the areas of my research interests above, including undergraduate, master, PhD, and postdoc.
A message to prospective students, research assistants, and postdocs
New papers at ISIT 2021:
- S.-W. Lan and I.-H. Wang, "Heterogeneous Sequential Hypothesis Testing with Active Source Selection under Budget Constraints."
- P.-W. Su, Y.-C. Huang, S.-C. Lin, I.-H. Wang, and C.-C. Wang, "Random Linear Streaming Codes in the Finite Memory Length and Decoding Deadline Regime."
- S.-C. Lin, C.-C. Wang, I.-H. Wang, Y.-C. Huang, and Y.-C. Lai "On Finite-Length Analysis and Channel Dispersion for Broadcast Packet Erasure Channels with Feedback."
- C.-H. Hsiao and I.-H. Wang, "Joint Clustering and Ranking from Heterogeneous Pairwise Comparisons."
New papers at ITW 2020:
- Y.-C. Huang and I.-H. Wang, "Social Learning is Almost as Good as Centralized Detection with Slight Global Knowledge."
- Y.-H. Li and I.-H. Wang, "Combinatorial Quantitative Group Testing with Adversarially Perturbed Measurements."
- T.-Y. Liu and I.-H. Wang, "Privacy-Utility Tradeoff with Nonspecific Tasks: Robust Privatization and Minimum Leakage."
A new paper at GLOBECOM 2020:
- S.-C. Lin, A. Vahid, and I.-H. Wang, "Capacity of Erasure Broadcast Channels with Single-User Delayed CSI and Common Messages."
New papers at ISIT 2020:
- H.-W. Hsu and I.-H. Wang, "On Binary Statistical Classification from Mismatched Empirically Observed Statistics."
- P.-W. Su, Y.-C. Huang, S.-C. Lin, I.-H. Wang, and C.-C. Wang, "Error Rate Analysis for Random Linear Streaming Codes in the Finite Memory Length Regime."
A new paper at ITW 2019:
- A. Vahid, I.-H. Wang, and S.-C. Lin, "Capacity Results for Erasure Broadcast Channels with Intermittent Feedback."
New papers at ISIT 2019:
- W.-N. Chen and I.-H. Wang, "On the Price of Source Anonymity in Heterogeneous Parametric Point Estimation."
- S.-C. Lin, I.-H. Wang, and A. Vahid, "No Feedback, No Problem: Capacity of Erasure Broadcast Channels with Single-User Delayed CSI."
I am promoted to Associate Professor, starting in August, 2018.
I am co-organinizing the First IEEE East Asian School of Information Theory and Communications at Natioanl Taiwan University, from 8/6 to 8/10. Please register!
New papers at ISIT 2018:
- W.-N. Chen, H.-C. Chen, and I.-H. Wang, "On the Fundamental Limits of Heterogeneous Distributed Detection: Price of Anonymity."
- S.-Y. Yeh and I.-H. Wang, "Degrees of Freedom of the Bursty MIMO X Channel with Instantaneous Topological Information."
A new paper at ICASSP 2018:
- T.-H. Fan and I.-H. Wang, "Rumor Source Detection: A Probabilistic Perspective."
A new paper at AISTATS 2018:
- I Chien, C.-Y. Lin, and I.-H. Wang, "Community Detection in Hypergraphs: Optimal Statistical Limit and Efficient Algorithms."
Win the 2016 National Taiwan University Distinguished Teaching Award 教學傑出獎 (top 1%, awarded for 5 years).
New papers at ITW 2017:
- I.-H. Wang, Y.-C. Huang, and S.-C. Lin, "Role of Feedback in Modulo-Sum Computation over K-User Erasure Multiple-Access Channels."
- Y.-S. Hsiao and I.-H. Wang, "On the Benefit of Delayed CSIT in Fading MIMO Broadcast Channel with CSIR Locality."
- C.-H. Liu, V. Tan, and I.-H. Wang, "Delay Scaling Laws of Random Wireless Networks: Impact of Blocklength."
Win the 2017 IEEE Information Theory Society Taipei Chapter and IEEE Communications Society Taipei/Tainan Chapters Best Paper Award for Young Scholars (IEEE ITSOC台北支會暨IEEE COMSOC台北/台南支會 年輕學者最佳論文獎).
New papers at ISIT 2017:
- I.-H. Wang, S.-C. Lin, and Y.-C. Huang, "Role of Feedback in Modulo-Sum Computation over Erasure Multiple-Access Channels."
- W.-N. Chen and I.-H. Wang, "Partial Data Extraction via Noisy Histogram Queries: Information Theoretic Bounds."
- C.-Y. Lin, I Chien, and I.-H. Wang, "On the Fundamental Statistical Limit of Community Detection in Random Hypergraphs."
- [Archived News]